Nokia 1006 - Charging and discharging

background image

Charging and discharging

Your device is powered by a rechargeable battery. The battery
intended for use with this device is BL-4C. Nokia may make
additional battery models available for this device. This device is
intended for use when supplied with power from the following
chargers: AC-6. The exact charger model number vary depending
on the type of plug. The plug variant is identified by one of the
following: E, EB, X, AR, U, A, C, or UB.

The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times,
but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times
are noticeably shorter than normal, replace the battery. Use only
Nokia approved batteries, and recharge your battery only with
Nokia approved chargers designated for this device. Use of an
unapproved battery or charger may present a risk of fire,
explosion, leakage, or other hazard.

If a battery is being used for the first time or if the battery has not
been used for a prolonged period, it may be necessary to connect
the charger, then disconnect and reconnect it to begin charging
the battery. If the battery is completely discharged, it may take
several minutes before the charging indicator appears on the
display or before any calls can be made.

background image


Always switch the device off and disconnect the charger before
removing the battery.

Unplug the charger from the electrical plug and the device when
not in use. Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a
charger, since overcharging may shorten its lifetime. If left unused,
a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.

Always try to keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and
77°F). Extreme temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime of
the battery. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work
temporarily. Battery performance is particularly limited in
temperatures well below freezing.

Do not short-circuit the battery. Accidental short-circuiting can
occur when a metallic object such as a coin, clip, or pen causes
direct connection of the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of
the battery. (These look like metal strips on the battery.) This
might happen, for example, when you carry a spare battery in
your pocket or purse. Short-circuiting the terminals may damage
the battery or the connecting object.

Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Batteries
may also explode if damaged. Dispose of batteries according to
local regulations. Please recycle when possible. Do not dispose as
household waste.

background image


Do not dismantle, cut, open, crush, bend, deform, puncture, or
shred cells or batteries. In the event of a battery leak, do not
allow the liquid to come in contact with the skin or eyes. In the
event of such a leak, flush your skin or eyes immediately with
water, or seek medical help.

Do not modify, remanufacture, attempt to insert foreign objects
into the battery, or immerse or expose it to water or other liquids.

Improper battery use may result in a fire, explosion, or other
hazard. If the device or battery is dropped, especially on a hard
surface, and you believe the battery has been damaged, take it to
a service centre for inspection before continuing to use it.

Use the battery only for its intended purpose. Never use any
charger or battery that is damaged. Keep your battery out of the
reach of small children.